In class this week we explored what a genius hour is and were given the chance to narrow down our passions in order to decide on a driving question for our own genius hour projects. Something that I am very passionate about is my music. I love singing, playing guitar, and writing songs and I knew that I wanted to my songwriting to be the focus of my genius hour project. I love writing songs and I have wanted to record and share them on online platforms for many years now, but I have struggled to find the time. This project gave me the perfect excuse to commit to this dream that I have had for so long. I decided to focus my project on the driving question: "How can I share my music with others?"
Throughout this project, I will be learning about how to record and produce polished versions of my song, I will develop my skills using music and video editing software, I will be creating profiles and sharing my music on multiple online platforms, and I will create at least one music video to also share on my sites. I have taken some time this week to begin my research on this project by starting to look into strategies for creating polished and professional recordings. I do not have the money to spend on booking time in a recording studio, so I have been researching how I can achieve a professional sound from my own home, but instead I came to discover that Brock's Makerspace has recording equippment that is free for students to use! I visited the Makerspace to learn more about it and to book time for me to begin recording next week. Brock uses Focusrite recording equipment and Garageband for editing, so I intend on spending more time this week researching how to use this software to prepare to start recording next week.
Throughout this project, I will be learning about how to record and produce polished versions of my song, I will develop my skills using music and video editing software, I will be creating profiles and sharing my music on multiple online platforms, and I will create at least one music video to also share on my sites. I have taken some time this week to begin my research on this project by starting to look into strategies for creating polished and professional recordings. I do not have the money to spend on booking time in a recording studio, so I have been researching how I can achieve a professional sound from my own home, but instead I came to discover that Brock's Makerspace has recording equippment that is free for students to use! I visited the Makerspace to learn more about it and to book time for me to begin recording next week. Brock uses Focusrite recording equipment and Garageband for editing, so I intend on spending more time this week researching how to use this software to prepare to start recording next week.
![]() |
| Brock University. Focusrite Solo Studio (Online Photograph) [Retrieved from https://brocku.ca/library/makerspace/resources/] |

No comments:
Post a Comment