I finally started recording vocals this week, which gave me Taylor Swift feels as it made me feel like a real life musician. It has been amazing hearing my songs come together in such a professional and polished way. It was a little embarrassing at first because there were employees in the Makerspace. They were helping me with the process, but I felt a little shy singing in front of them. It did not take me long to get over this though and to just sing my heart out. I found it was made easier by having the headphones on because all I could hear was my own voice, so it was easy to forget about the other people in the room. I was only able to get into the Makerspace to record once this week because it is not open during reading week, so I will record vocals to my other songs next week. Then, my next step is to perfect the recordings, then export and share them with the world! I also came across a really great site this week called
songfancy.com. I came across this site on Pinterest and I wanted to share it because it has a lot of great tips and ideas for songwriters such as myself. There is one post in particular about building a social media presence, which will help me with the next step of this project!
Natalie McMillan (January 16, 2018). Hollywood Gossip (October 20, 2017). Taylor Swift in the Studio
Taylor Swift Vibes (Photograph). [Retrieved from https://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/gallery/taylor
-swift-in-the-studio/]
In addition to my recording this week, I also had to create a movie trailer for my genius project, to advertise it as if it were a movie. I had a lot of fun creating my movie trailer and I felt like it was a really great learning experience because it required me to do a lot of problem solving and exploring. I used Movie Studio to create my video, which I had never used before. I liked how this program gives you a lot of freedom and it is fairly easy to use. I made great use out of online tutorials to help me with things like fading my music out, changing the speed, and creating text effects. All in all, I had a lot of fun creating it and editing and I am honestly quite proud of the final product. If you are interested in watching it, head over to my Movie Trailer page and enjoy!
 |
| Natalie McMillan (January 20, 2018). Movie Editing (Screenshot). |
No comments:
Post a Comment