Thursday, 15 March 2018

My Home Studio

Natalie McMillan (March 10, 2018). Improvisation [Photograph]. 
So, technically it is March Break and technically I have the seven weeks and posts required to make this project considered complete, but I really have enjoyed this project, I do not feel like I got as much accomplished as I would like to, and I would like to utilize the equipment while it is available to me as a Brock student, so I have decided to continue working on this while the ball is already rolling. That being said, the recording equipment became available to take home this week, so I was able to get a significant amount of recording completed this week! I may not have had ALL the necessary equipment that I needed such as a microphone stand or a reflexion filter, so I did have to do some improvisation. As pictured on the right, I used a mix-match of boxes, textbooks, and a jug full of used 22 shells as my mic stand and one side of my guitar box as my reflexion filter. Problem-solving at its finest! I am excited to say that this allowed me to get three more songs recorded and by next week, I should have them edited and polished enough to share online!

No comments:

Post a Comment