Thursday, 22 March 2018

That's a Wrap

Well, I have come to the end of my pre-service tech course. I have learned a lot of great skills that I will incorporate into my future teaching and I made a lot of great progress in recording and sharing my music. I did not achieve everything that I had hoped to with this project as I did not finish creating any music videos, so I am not ready to share my songs on video platforms, such as youtube. That being said, I made a lot of great progress, I learned so many new skills, and I ultimately am coming away with 4 professionally sounding recordings of my songs that I can share on music sharing platforms like soundcloud. I also shared my songs on Twitter and Tumblr. The following are the three songs that I uploaded to soundcloud this week.

Guide Me is a song I wrote regarding my Faith. I wrote this song during a time in my life where I was really frustrated and confused. There were a lot of hard decisions that I needed to make and this song was me crying out to God, that He would give me guidance because I wanted to make decisions that would be pleasing to Him and that would guide me along His chosen path for my life. 

Wish Upon a Star is another song that I wrote for my now husband, Colton. I wrote this song for our second dating anniversary. The song represents the time I spent crushing on him and pining for him and how that has transformed into our relationship now, where I no long have to pine for him because I have him and I love him. This is one of my favourite songs because it is catchy and because I really felt like it successfully captured the feelings that I experienced throughout this relationship.


Little Girl is a really emotional song for me because it is inspired by my childhood. I was a very happy child, but after my parent's divorce, I began struggling emotionally and mentally. I felt like I could not be honest about how I was feeling because everyone expected me to be happy all the time and I often felt like my feelings were not taken seriously because I was so young, so I wrote this song to validate other children who may be seriously hurting and recognizing that their feelings and pain are real and are justified, but that there are people there for them to help them through it.

Although this course has come to an end, I plan to continue working on recording more songs, creating videos to accompany them, and sharing them on even more platforms. This project has given me the motivation to get started with this project and now I hope to continue what I have started, even though the course is finished. 

No comments:

Post a Comment